Let us first talk about the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer course before undergoing deep knowledge of the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer AME responsibilities and duties in India. An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is a person who is licensed to do the maintenance, repair, testing, inspection, and troubleshooting of the aircraft. The safety and security of the aircraft and its passengers are in the hands of the skilled Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. Without checking the airworthy condition of the aircraft with the licensed AME, no aircraft can fly. The licensed AME is authorized to carry out their responsibilities and duties in the private and public sectors all over the world.
A student must have passed the 12th grade with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or have a three-year engineering diploma from a recognized board or university to become an aircraft maintenance engineer, should apply for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Common Entrance Exam (AME CEE) to get admission to one of the top DGCA approved AME institutes in India with up to 100% scholarship. The AME course syllabus is designed and structured by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and even its modules are conducted by them.
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer responsibilities and duties that can be performed by an AME in India:
- Maintaining, inspecting, testing, repairing, and resolving aircraft engine problems.
- Installing electrical circuits.
- Testing communication, aircraft, and electronic instruments and systems.
- Testing and replacing oxygen system components.
- Assembling aircraft frames.
- Keeping brief records of all maintenance work.
- Maintaining the company’s facilities and equipment.
- Ordering parts and supplies, as needed.
- Upholding all safety and security procedures and FAA regulations.
- Conducting routine preflight inspections of engines and mechanical systems.
Where can Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Responsibilities be Fulfilled in the Aviation Industry?
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer responsibilities can be performed in the aviation sector in numerous aviation organizations worldwide. The sectors in which AME responsibilities can be executed are Airlines, Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MROs) Organizations, Aircraft Part Manufacturing Companies, Aircraft Manufacturing Companies, Aviation Training Centres, etc. The Indian aviation sector has shown tremendous growth, which has resulted in great AME opportunities.
The following is one of the top organizations where AME responsibilities and duties can be executed and a mesmerising career can be built:
- Air India
- AirAsia India
- Qatar Airways
- Alliance Air
- Luwang Air
- Air Deccan
- Blue Dart Aviation
- Singapore Airlines
- Pinnacle Air
- Spirit Air
- Supreme Airlines
- Air Arabia
- Titan Aviation
- Ventura AirConnect
- Air India Limited
- Air Works India (Engineering) Pvt. Ltd
- Arrow Aviation Services Pvt. Ltd
- Blue Dart Aviation Limited
- Cochin International Aviation Services
- Deccan Aviation
- Eaton Aerospace
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- Bombardier Aerospace
- Dassault Falcon
- Lockheed Martin
- GE Aviation
- Gulfstream Aerospace