According to Future Market Insights, the global gluten free food market size is projected to grow from US$ 6.7 Bn in 2022 to US$ 14 Bn in 2032, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period (2022-2032).
Rapid surge in cases of celiac disease and various other gluten related allergies is a key factor driving demand for gluten-free foods. According to the Celiac Disease Foundation, more than 80% of the American population is completely unaware that they have celiac disease.
Similarly, rising awareness among people reding the health benefits of gluten-free foods is expected to encourage the adoption of gluten-free foods during the forecast period. Today, various food manufacturing industries have shifted their focus towards developing gluten-free foods to meet the rising consumer demand.
Furthermore, the industry is expanding as millennial demand grows, marketing activities improve, and distribution systems evolve. Price sensitivity, on the other hand, is projected to hinder the gluten-free food market’s growth.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- By product type, bakery products segment is expected to dominate the global gluten-free food market during the assessment period.
- By form, demand for solid gluten-free food products is likely to grow at higher CAGR throughout the forecast period.
- The North America gluten free food market is expected to witness a lucrative growth rate of 7.3% during the forecast period.
- East Asia is expected to emerge as a prominent market for gluten free food market in the forecast period.
- Sales of gluten-free foods to increase at a robust pace in China market over the assessment period.
“The adoption of micro-encapsulation technology by manufacturers to increase the shelf life of gluten free food will expand the global gluten-free food market size,” says a Future Market Insights analyst.
The gluten free food market is fragmented among multinational companies such as General Mills, The Kraft Heinz Company, Kellogg’s Company to name a few, as well as regional players who are competing to gain major market shares. Key manufacturers have set their focus on organic business strategies such as introducing new products to their portfolio to cater to the shifting demand of consumers for gluten free food items along with inorganic strategies like mergers and acquisitions:
- Veripan announced the launch of their first gluten free flour especially for the preparation of gluten free bakery products, to meet the rising demand for gluten free food from the consumers due to rising cases of celiac disease, food allergies and health consciousness.
- Enjoy Life Foods, a snack manufacturing company based out of the U.S was acquired by Mondelez International Inc., as a strategic move to expand their portfolio in gluten free products.
Explore More Valuable Insights
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global gluten-free food market, presenting historical data (2017-2021) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2022-2032.
Gluten-Free Food Market by Category
By Product Type, Gluten-Free Food Market is Segmented as:
- Infant Formula
- Bakery Products
- Dairy Products
- Ready Meals
- Other Product Types
By Form, Gluten-Free Food Market is Segmented as:
- Liquid Form
- Solid Form
By Source, Gluten-Free Food Market is Segmented as:
- Animal Sources
- Plant Sources
By Sales Channel, Gluten-Free Food Market is Segmented as:
- Offline Sales Channel
- Departmental Stores
- Convenience Store
- Other Sales Channel
- Online Sales Channel
- Company Website
- E-commerce Platform
By Region, Gluten-Free Food Market is Segmented as:
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle east and Africa
- East Asia
- South Asia
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the current size of gluten-free food market?
- At what growth rate will the gluten-free food market grow?
- What is the projected valuation for gluten-free food market by 2032 end?
- Which region dominates the global gluten-free food market?
- Who are the key players in the gluten-free food market?
Information Source: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/gluten-free-food-market