The global personalized cell therapy market was valued at US$ 8,046.30 million in 2022 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 23.5% during the forecast period (2023 – 2030).
Individualized treatment for various diseases such as cancer and autoimmune diseases by injecting living cells into a patient’s body is known as personalized cell therapy. It has various applications such as platelet transfusions, bone marrow transplantation, whole blood transfusions, packed red cell transfusions, and organ transplantation. It is used to treat various chronic conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (neurological diseases), spinal cord injuries, diabetes, and cancer.
Personalized cell therapy refers to patient-specific therapies used to treat a variety of ailments. The medicine created by this therapy targets patients who fit the precise disease physiopathology and/or patient characteristics, and is based on the genomic profile, disease prevalence/severity, and tailored cell therapy. A high unmet need condition such as cancer, autoimmune disease, cardiovascular, neurologic, and inflammatory disease is the major target of tailored cell therapy. Platelet transfusions, packed red cell transfusions, bone marrow transplants, and organ transplants can all benefit from personalised cell therapy.
Personalized Cell Therapy Market Dynamics
Personalized cell therapy aids in accurate diagnosis of the disease and active monitoring of the treatment response, and disease progression. This allows for early detection of diseases at molecular level and allows physician to prepare treatment regime for the specific patient requirement. This helps the patient to recover at a significant pace and also helps avoid any major side effects, as individualized cell therapy is based on patient’s genomics.
Introduction of innovative personalized cell therapy and large number of cell therapies in pipeline by key players is expected to boost the market growth over the forecast period. For instance, in August 2017, the University of Pennsylvania and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for its newly developed personalized cellular therapy indicated for the treatment of patients up to 25 years of age with B-cell precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) that is refractory or in second or later relapse.
Key features of the study:
- This report provides in-depth analysis of the global personalized cell therapy market, market size (US$ Mn), and compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) over the forecast period (2019–2027), considering 2018, as the base year
- It elucidates potential revenue opportunities across different segments and explains attractive investment proposition matrices for this market
- This study also provides key insights about market drivers, restraints, opportunities, new technology launches or approvals, market trends, regional outlook, and competitive strategies adopted by leading players
- It profiles leading players in the global personalized cell therapy market based on the following parameters – company overview, financial performance, technology portfolio, geographical presence, distribution strategies, key developments, and strategies
- Key players covered as a part of this study include Cytori Therapeutics Inc., Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Saneron CCEL Therapeutics, Inc., MolMed S.p.A., Vericel Corporation, Novartis AG, Gilead Sciences, Inc., Celgene Corporation, Bluebird Bio, Inc. and Aurora Biopharma Inc.
- Insights from this report would allow marketers and management authorities of companies to make informed decision with respect to future technology launches, governmental initiatives, technological upgradation, market expansion, and marketing tactics
- The global personalized cell therapy market report caters to various stakeholders in this market, including investors, technology manufacturers, distributors, and suppliers for global personalized cell therapy market, research and consulting firms, new entrants, and financial analysts
- Global Personalized Cell Therapy Market, By Cell Type:
- Mesenchymal Stem Cell
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell
- Global Personalized Cell Therapy Market, By Therapeutic Area:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Neurological Disorders
- Inflammatory Diseases