QuickBooks error 1328 can show up on your screen due to installation issues within QuickBooks. You might encounter the error while installing, uninstalling, updating or repairing QuickBooks Desktop. The error pops up on the screen with an error message that says: Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.The error message will inform you which update file is causing the issue. Keep reading the blog to learn about causes and troubleshooting solutions to fix QuickBooks installation error 1328.
If you are facing any difficulty resolving QuickBooks error 1328, get troubleshooting assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by dialing our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430
Causes behind the occurrence of QuickBooks Installation error 1328
Here are some possible reasons behind the error:
- QuickBooks update file is not downloaded successfully.
- The license number and product information entered to activate QuickBooks are incorrect.
- The update file is damaged or corrupted.
Now that you are aware of the factors responsible for the installation error, scroll through the blog and choose the most appropriate solution.
Methods to Troubleshoot & Resolve QuickBooks Desktop error 1328
Method 1. Make use of the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool to fix installation issues
The Install Diagnostic tool will fix all issues related to installation in QuickBooks. To use the tool, download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub on your computer:
- Close company files and then quit QuickBooks and download the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Open the downloaded file from the Downloads folder.
- Follow the prompt steps to install the tool hub.
- You need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to proceed.
- Once the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop.
- Double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open it.
- From the tool hub, click the Installation Issues tab and then QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool may take up to 20 minutes to finish the repair. Wait until the application is completely repaired and then restart your computer.
If you still get the same error, proceed to the next method
Method 2. Do a fresh install of the QuickBooks Desktop application
Clean installing the application will get a fresh copy of QuickBooks Desktop installed on your system hence resolving issues that keep you from opening company file:
- Open QuickBooks and go to the account management portal.
- From here, write down the license number, product year, and version.
- Uninstall QuickBooks using the steps given below:
- Click the Windows icon, select and open Control Panel.
- Choose Program and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll through the list of programs and choose the QuickBooks version you want to remove.
- Click Uninstall/Change, then Remove and then Next.
- Reinstall QuickBooks.
In this blog, we have put our best efforts into providing you with the maximum information required to fix QuickBooks error 1328. If you still have any queries related to the same, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by dialing our helpline number +1-800-579-9430.