Sometimes when trying to open QuickBooks, it freezes or shows an error. This can lead to loss of time and data as well as frustration on the part of the user if the program stops responding all of a sudden. This error has several triggers such as a too-long file name. This article covers some other reasons for the error QuickBooks has stopped working as well as steps to troubleshoot and resolve it.
If you want professional help in resolving this error, you can contact our team of certified experts at +1 800-579-9430.
Reasons QuickBooks Stops Working
It is essential to know why an error occurs to avoid loss of time by repeating the same mistakes in the future. Some reasons QuickBooks might stop working are-
- Your hard drive might have corruption on it.
- Your Windows Operating System may be damaged
- Your QuickBooks Desktop Installation or program files might be damaged
Troubleshooting the Error QuickBooks Has Stopped Working
In this section, we cover some steps one can take to troubleshoot this error. We advise you to follow the steps carefully to avoid the loss of critical data.
Resolution One- Use the QuickBooks Tool Hub to Run Quick Fix My Program
QuickBooks Tool Hub is a Launchpad with features that can be used to resolve errors. One such feature is Quick Fix My Program. The steps to use Quick Fix my Program to solve the error QuickBooks has stopped working are as follows-
- You should begin by closing QuickBooks.
- Now, download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub. Save this file somewhere that is easy to access such as the Downloads folder or the Desktop.
- Then open the file you have just downloaded.
- Follow the installation process that is appearing on your screen and agree to the terms and conditions presented.
- Double click on the icon that has now appeared on your Desktop to open the tool hub.
- From the left side of the screen, click on the Program Files tab.
- You should now select Quick Fix My Program.
- You should now try to open your data file on QuickBooks.
If the above steps do not solve the error, proceed to solution two.
Resolution Two- You should run the QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool found in the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
The QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool helps find and fix errors in QuickBooks. You can use it, using the following steps-
- Begin by opening the QuickBooks Tool Hub and selecting Program Files from the left side of the screen.
- Then, choose the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- You should let the tool run. This process can take up to twenty minutes.
- Now, restart your computer and re-launch QuickBooks.
If the above steps do not solve the “QuickBooks Has Stopped Working” issue, you can try to rename the QBWUSER.ini file. However, that is an advanced solution for which we recommend that you contact our support team of certified experts at +1 800-579-9430.