Not able to access your QuickBooks company file? This error often occurs due to the QuickBooks Error 6144 82 situation. There can be many reasons, why this error takes place, sometimes due to a QuickBooks data file damage. Down below we have listed a few reasons, explaining the few root causes of this error:
Contact us for further queries at +1-800-579-9430
Top reasons for the occurrence of error code 6144 82
- Usage of outdated QuickBooks Desktop version
- File name surpassing the highest character limit
- Removal of the QuickBooks company file to some other folder [ note: not the QuickBooks installation file]
- Restriction from Windows Firewall while connecting to QuickBooks company file.
- Presence of damaged network data.
SOLUTION TO QUICKBOOKS ERROR 6144 82:
It is important to consider a quick update to the latest version of the QuickBooks Desktop before one begins troubleshooting the error. In a different folder of the computer’s internal storage, create a company file backup. Thus, before troubleshooting the error these simple yet effective tips are to be essentially followed.
ERROR DECODE 1: Download the QB Tool Hub for running the QB File Doctor Tool.
- Download the QB Tool Hub and save the file to your choicest location
- Double click on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, and later open it.
- Pay attention to the instructions to install the tool hub then agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the Tool Hub and go to Company File Issues.
- This will run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool voluntarily, detecting and repairing the damaged company file.
ERROR DECODE 2: Relabel the damaged ND and TLG files.
- Visit the folder that has the QB files saved after the installation.
- Go for the files with ND and TLG extensions.
- The files will inherit a name similar to your company file.
- Select the Rename option as you Right-click on each file.
- On completing these tasks, save the file and try to open QB once again.
ERROR DECODE 3: Relabel the QB Company File.
- Go to the folder that has your company file saved.
- Relabel the file by Right-clicking on the company file and choosing the Rename option.
- Verify the file’s name and whether it has all the 64 characters along with the characters .qbw file extension.
- Change the file name if it’s too long later save it.
ERROR DECODE 4: Look for the location of the QB company file.
- Upon opening the QB app go for the F2 key, to open the Product Information Window.
- Check if the company file is still situated in the QB folder.
- If not there, then go looking for the company file from the Search Programs and Files search box.
- Type .qbw on the keyboard to display all the .qbw extension files, and choose the choicest company file.
- Right-click on the Open File Location option.
- Try to open the company files in QB by moving the files to your desired location.
These are a few tips and tricks to work on the QuickBooks error 6144 82 considering one is following all the right ways to troubleshoot the errors. It generally won’t take much time with the right method and a fair understanding of the error.