Wave Energy Converter Market: Introduction
- Tidal and wave energy are considered to be the most promising green technology, as they produce the most concentrated form of energy
- A wave energy converter captures the energy present in ocean waves and uses it to generate electricity. It is a highly efficient technology, which harnesses immense renewable energy contained in ocean waves. The wave energy converter uses different solutions to ingest energy from waves. It is used depending on the water depth and the location.
- A wave energy converter has three parts: oscillating water columns, which utilize air pockets trapped in a water column to drive the turbine; oscillating body converters, which are submerged or floating devices that use the wave motion to produce electricity; and overtopping converters, which use a reservoir to create a head and drive turbines subsequently
- Advantages of wave energy converters include their reliability and simple nature, as these systems have no moving parts
Get Full Report –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/wave-energy-converter-market.html
Key Drivers of Global Wave Energy Converter Market
- The wave energy converter market has high potential in several countries across the globe, owing to the lower environmental impact of these converters compared to other renewable energy technologies including its limited impact on the shoreline. New government policies and rise in investments by government bodies to promote the wave energy converter technology for rapid commercialization of energy converter devices are anticipated to boost the global market during the forecast period.
- On November 12, 2019, NEMOS started testing its 2019 Wave Energy Converter (WEC) prototype in Ostend, Belgium. A series of handling and installation tests are being carried out at present. The wave energy converter was set up at the coast of Ostend in October 2019.
Make an Enquiry before Buying – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=EB&rep_id=74929
North America to Hold a Major Share of Global Wave Energy Converter Market
- Based on region, the global wave energy converter market can be segmented into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global wave energy converter market from 2019 to 2027, as the region is rich in coastal waters as well as rivers and it has high potential for marine and hydro power. According to the U.S. Department of Energy (DoE), water and wave power resources across the U.S. are projected to account for 13% and 15% share of the country’s electricity generation, respectively, by 2030. The major areas identified are Hawaii and Alaska.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to account for a considerable share of the global wave energy converter market during the forecast period. Countries in the region have high potential of tidal currents. In South Korea, southern and western coasts are known for strong tidal currents and high tides, which is likely to boost the wave energy converter market in the country in the next few years.
- China also has high potential with a long coastline and large islands. The country is investing significantly in renewable energy generation. The country is currently working on a project called Blue Energy, a 120-kilometer bridge generating tidal energy.
- The market in Europe is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The U.K. is taking steps toward utilization of tidal and wave energy.
- The wave energy converter market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period
Request for Covid-19 Impact Analysis – https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=74929
Key Players Operating in Global Wave Energy Converter Market:
Top companies operating in the global wave energy converter market are:
- Sea Wave Energy Limited
- Wave Star A/S
- The LEANCON Wave Energy Device
- NEMOS GmbH
- Oscilla Power, Inc.
- Wello Oy
- CorPower Ocean AB.
- Ocean Power Technologies, Inc.
- AOE Accumulated Ocean Energy Inc.
- Wave Dragon
- Ocean Wave Energy Company
Global Wave Energy Converter Market: Research Scope
Global Wave Energy Converter Market, by Technology
- Attenuator Technology
- Oscillating Water Column (OWC) Technology
- Oscillating Wave Surge Converters (OWSCs)
- Overtopping Devices
About Us Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453