What is neet

What is NEET?

NEET, which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is a national-level medical entrance exam that is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to various undergraduate medical and dental courses across India. The NEET exam was introduced in 2013, replacing the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) and all other state-level medical entrance tests. The exam is held once a year in offline mode, usually in the month of May.

NEET Exam:

The NEET exam is a three-hour long exam that consists of 180 multiple-choice questions from three subjects – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Of these 180 questions, 45 are from Physics and Chemistry each, while the remaining 90 are from Biology. The Biology section is further divided into two parts – Zoology and Botany, with 45 questions from each.

NEET 2023 Syllabus:

The NEET syllabus is based on the NCERT curriculum for Classes XI and XII, covering topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The syllabus for NEET 2023 has not been officially announced yet, but it is expected to remain the same as the previous year. The syllabus includes topics such as Mechanics, Electrodynamics, Thermodynamics, Physical and Organic Chemistry, Biology, etc.

NEET 2023 Latest Updates:

The NTA has not yet announced the dates for NEET 2023, but it is expected to be held in the month of May. The application process for NEET 2023 is expected to begin in the month of December 2022. Candidates who wish to apply for the NEET exam must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission and must have passed their Class XII examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as core subjects.

NEET 2023 Counselling:

NEET counselling is the process of admission to various medical and dental courses across India, after the declaration of NEET results. The counselling process is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) for 15% All India Quota seats, while the remaining 85% seats are filled through state counselling authorities. The NEET 2023 counselling process is expected to begin in the month of July 2023, after the announcement of NEET 2023 results.

The NEET 2023 counselling process will be conducted online, and candidates will have to register on the official website of MCC or state counselling authorities. The counselling process includes registration, choice filling, seat allotment, and reporting to the allotted college for admission. Candidates must choose their preferences of colleges and courses carefully during the choice filling process, as the seat allotment will be based on their NEET rank and preferences.

NEET 2023 Mock Test:

Mock tests are an essential part of NEET preparation, as they help candidates to gauge their level of preparation, identify their strengths and weaknesses, and familiarize themselves with the NEET exam pattern and syllabus. NEET mock tests are designed to simulate the actual NEET exam, and are available online as well as in offline mode.

NEET 2023 mock tests are expected to be available online from the month of January 2023, and candidates can practice them to improve their speed, accuracy, and time management skills. Mock tests are also a great way to build confidence and reduce exam stress, as they help candidates to develop a familiarity with the exam format and question types.

Mock tests also help candidates to identify their weak areas, and focus their preparation accordingly. Candidates can analyze their performance in the mock tests, identify the topics they need to work on, and revise accordingly. Solving mock tests regularly can also help candidates to improve their overall score in NEET, as it gives them an idea of the difficulty level of the exam and the time required to solve the questions.



NEET is one of the most competitive medical entrance exams in India, with lakhs of students appearing for the exam every year. It is important for candidates to prepare well for the exam, starting from understanding the syllabus and exam pattern to solving previous year question papers and taking mock tests. With the right preparation, hard work, and determination, candidates can crack the  and get admission to their dream medical college.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *