QuickBooks desktop error 1328 usually occurs when installing and uninstalling the QuickBooks desktop application. It is the most common error that appears while updating the software. The Intuit QuickBooks error code 1328 might also appear while updating the software to its latest version or repairing it. The error pops up with a message displaying, “Error 1328: Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.” In this blog, you will get to know about QuickBooks desktop error 1328, its causes, and solutions. So, read carefully till the end.
If you are getting QuickBooks error 1328 and want an instant solution for it, then call us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430 and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks experts team
Causes behind Error 1328 in QuickBooks desktop
The Intuit QuickBooks error message code 1328 appears due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks desktop update is not downloaded successfully.
- The update file is damaged or missing.
- Trouble while installing the QuickBooks desktop application.
The user is entering incorrect login credentials while installing the QuickBooks.
Let’s proceed to the solutions in order to resolve QuickBooks desktop error 1328.
Quick Fixes for QuickBooks Desktop Error 1328
Following are the most effective troubleshooting solutions to get rid of QuickBooks error message code 1328:
Solution 1. Perform clean install
Clean installing the QuickBooks desktop can resolve the company file issues:
- Keep the QuickBooks license number handy.
- Note down the product year and license number.
- Uninstall QuickBooks:
- Click on the Windows Start menu.
- Search for “Control Panel” and then open Control Panel.
- Select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- From the list of applications, choose the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to uninstall.
- Click Uninstall/Change and then Remove. Select Next.
- Now, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop.
If you still get QuickBooks error code 1328, uninstall QuickBooks and rename the installation folders manually or move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Fix installation issues using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
To run the tool, follow the steps and download the QuickBooks Tool hub on your computer:
- Exit QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen steps to install the application.
- Further, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Once the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
Run Install Diagnostic tool
- Open QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run and reboot the system when the install finishes.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps mentioned above help you fix QuickBooks error 1328. If the issue persists, contact the certified QuickBooks professionals by dialing our helpline number +1 800-579-9430.