QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most important features that helps the businesses to pay their employees while accurately deducting payroll taxes and other deductions. Also, it assures you that the employees paychecks will be processed on time without any further delays. There are numerous other benefits that you can avail using the payroll feature in QuickBooks like creating paychecks, process W-2s and 1099 forms and so on. Like any other software, it is important to keep the QuickBooks Payroll updated as per the latest release. But, at times, while downloading the latest payroll updates users might get stumbled upon QuickBooks Error PS038. On the occurrence of the error, you will be displayed with an error message that states:
“You’ve retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend that you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy. [PS038]”.
It might take place while running the QuickBooks Payroll on your system. However, it is necessary to fix the error as soon as possible so that you can use the payroll feature in QuickBooks without any issue. In this blog, we have discussed all the possible causes that might lead to the error along with the solutions to resolve it.
Wondering how to deal with QuickBooks Error PS038 and want immediate assistance from the experts? If that’s the case then don’t panic and reach out to our highly-certified experts by placing a call at the contact number +1(855)-856-0053 to get all answers to your queries.
Why did you come across QuickBooks Error Code PS038?
QuickBooks Error Code PS038 is the most common payroll error that usually occurs when you are trying to send the paychecks online and you notice that the paychecks got stuck as “Online to Send”. However, there are numerous other reasons as well that might trigger the error, we have listed some of the possible causes below:
- It might be caused when you are not using the upgraded version of the QuickBooks application on your workstation.
- Sometimes, it might be caused due to the damage in the QuickBooks company file.
- Also, it might occur when you try to validate your payroll subscription after updating the current QuickBooks Payroll.
Effective Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks PS038 Update Error
You can easily resolve QuickBooks PS038 Update error just by following the stepwise instructions given below.
Solution 1: Send the Payroll once again after Updating QuickBooks software
Depending on the QuickBooks Payroll service you are currently using, you can follow any one of the steps listed below:
- In the first place, you are required to choose the My Payroll Service option located below the Employees section. After that, select the Send Usage option.
- Alternatively, you can also choose the Send Payroll Data option located beneath the Employees menu.
Now, if you find that the send is successful, in that case try to get payroll updates once again. However, if the error still persists, then it is recommended to consult with our support team.
Solution 2: Verify & Locate the “Online To Send” Paychecks from the Record
- Initially, go to the Edit > Find > Advanced tab.
- Soon after this, move to the Choose Filter menu, look for the Filter list and then choose the Online Status option.
- Thereafter, you are supposed to click the Online To Send option from the drop-down menu list.
- At last, you are required to search for the paychecks that have not been sent to the Intuit.
Wrapping It Up!!
Hopefully, we assure you that the resolution methods listed in this blog will help you to deal with QuickBooks Error PS038. However, if you get stuck at any of the above listed troubleshooting solutions, then don’t worry and consult our experts by placing a call at the helpline number +1(855)-856-0053.